Monday, February 13, 2012

Where did the time go?

It has definitely been awhile since I posted.

It has been going goood though!  I have officially been on the diet for 6 weeks and have lost 17.6 lbs!!!

I'm quite excited about this!

My clothes are looser and I definitely have more energy.  I even had to add another notch to a belt that I have!  YIPEE!!!  I went to my first Aqua Zumba this evening and wore my swimsuit from last season with some swim shorts.  They both were looser and the shorts almost fell off when I got out of the water.  The straps on the suit kept falling down.

Don't get me wrong there are days that are hard.  Like Super Bowl Sunday when I really wanted to tie into the pan fried chicken legs, homemade chocolate truffels and the massive homemade cinnamon rolls that our host made! Oh man!  But I did the best I could and had a bit of each of my husband's plate.

I have found a couple of recipes that kinda help with my sweet tooth and keep me on my diet. Here is one of them:

Single Serve Cake-1pt.
1 Box of Angel Food Cake Mix
1 Box of any flavor cake mix-use your favorite
Mix both boxes of dry mixes together in a ziploc bag.  Take 1/4 cup of the mix and place it in a coffee mug.  Mix with 2 TBSP of water.  Microwave 1 minute.  Ready to eat.
I usually serve with a tad of sugar free/fat free Cool Whip.

Yum, yum!!!

I also found that Kellog makes a SpecialK Cracker Chip with all kind of different flavors that are wonderful!  For 27 chips they are worth 3 pts. Great snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment