Tuesday, January 3, 2012

DAY FOUR

January 3, 2012

Another good day today on the diet journey.  I think.  :-)

Let me explain:

Breakfast: Skipped.  I probably shouldn't have but had the day off and slept late then went out and ran errands so just no time.
Lunch: A Fit-N-Active Turkey and Broccoli Hot Pocket; Salad with dressing, and pretzel chips.
Snack: Orange
Supper: 2 Spicy Chicken Tacos (soft shell) with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and salsa. They were super good and the chicken was super easy to make.  I'll attach the recipe at the bottom.
Snack: Jello w/Fat Free Cool Whip on top

I didn't get any activity in today though so this where I'm a little down about. I haven't felt well today with achy back and stomach so just didn't get to it. I'm really down about that but plan to walk on my lunch break tomorrow.

I really try not to weigh myself on a daily basis but I just wanna see if all of this is making a difference.

And on to tomorrow...



Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken
2-4 chicken breast on bottom of the slow cooker
8 oz. fat free salsa poured over top
1/4 c. of tomato sauce poured on top of that
Seasoning of your choice:  I used chili powder, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt/powder, salt/pepper to taste.
Cook on low for 4 hours if chicken thawed.  I cooked on high for 4 hours as the chicken was still frozen but it was done in that time frame.
Shred with fork.

Again, we made tacos out of the meat but I also thought about using the meat to make a chicken taco salad.  It really isn't all that spicy, if at all.

Enjoy! I know our family did!

No comments:

Post a Comment