Sunday, January 1, 2012

DAY TWO

January 1, 2012  (OK...that's a little strange to type)

Today didn't end up as bad as I had imagined it would be.  Of course maybe those prayers last night helped ease some of those hunger cravings today.

This morning started off with Sunday School and church.

Breakfast:  Oatmeal, peaches, and Diet Coke.

BTW...you will quickly figure out my addiction to Diet Coke.  Thankfully, its 0 points on this diet which means I can have all I want.  My husband is thankful of that fact too!

Ever since I had the gestational diabetes with my second kiddo, I occasionally will have a low blood sugar attack.  These usually result in some dizziness, mood swings, shakiness, and some hot flashes.  We covered the nursery today during service and even though I had breakfast about 11 a.m. I felt this coming on.  Praise God the is a small 'coffee shop' at the church and they had a small package of fruit snacks that I was able to eat and get my sugar right again.  I really need to start testing my blood when those attacks happen.  It would be interesting to see how it is affected.

Since I didn't get to the grocery store yesterday I decided I would do that after church but since there was no food in the house we had to stop at Wendy's for lunch.  I think I handled that well too:

Lunch:  Grilled chicken wrap and side salad

Grocery shopping was a little hectic and frustrating at times but that's pretty typical.  I was able to get some fresh vegetables and fruits on sale so eating healthy didn't send our bank account into a tail spin.  (I find it funny that to eat healthy costs about 3x as much as it does to eat junk!)  Also found these AMAZING pretzel chips with garlic and Parmesan!  Oh my!  So needless to say....

Snack:  Pretzel chips and banana

The weather turned a little chilly today but I still didn't let that hinder me from getting out and walking around our block.  I think I said yesterday that I haven't exercised in FOREVER...so at this point I am just starting to get started and at least get moving.  I've already decided that next week I will add some more to that walk.

Supper: The husband decided to make a family sub sandwich for supper with BBQ chips.  We used a french loaf from the grocery store bakery.  I cut a small sub (2ft by Subway standards) but it still was a lot of bread so I cut out the 'heart' of the bread, a slice of cooked ham, slice of turkey breast, and tomato slices.  I did sneak a couple of BBQ chips, then a salad with tomatoes and Catalina dressing.

Snack: Orange

And I may decide to have a little something else

My biggest challenge is going to be to figure out some exercise for during the week.  My husband works nights 3 times a week which leaves me 'single parent' to haul two kids to extra curricular activities.  This is also why I dislike the time change and it being dark out so early.  By the time I get home from work, running kids to and fro, and etc. it doesn't leave daylight out to go for a walk...safely.  So I think I'm going to have to come up with some simple exercises or get hooked onto the Wii Fit game we have.

On to Day 3....

No comments:

Post a Comment